If you like the occasional flutter on the roulette wheel, hand of blackjack or a few spins on the slots (rabbits foot in hand, of course!) then you’ve come to the right place. This website is dedicated to Online Casino Games (hence the name) and features numerous guides and articles on topics such as:
- Where To Play - For those of you who want to play casino games for real money online you’ll find detailed reviews and comparisons of some of the best online casinos on the web. And you can also rest assured that all of our recommendations are regulated and licensed by the UK government or by one of their approved jurisdictions.
- Game Rules – We explain the rules of each casino game in a clear and easy to understand format with no jargon, obscure slang or assumed knowledge.
- Game Strategy – To help give you the best chance of walking away a winner, we have a number of strategy guides and best practices. Want to know what the worst bet in the casino is? Or maybe the game with the lowest house edge. You’ll find it in this section.
- Betting Systems – There is no such things as a winning betting system, and all will lose in the long run – but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be a bit of fun (so long as you realise that they’re not). We explain the more common types, and debunk the ‘guaranteed winners’.
- History – Want to know where your favourite game came from? Or maybe you’re just a history buff. In this section we track the origins of some of the more popular casino games.
Please note: We’re currently in the process of building the site, which will take significant number of man hours. So please bear with us in the meantime!
About Online Casinos
Thanks to advances in both technology and regulation you can now legally play all of your favourite casino games from the comfort of your own home via the internet – either for real money or for free (the choice is yours!).
What Can You Play?
Just like in a real bricks and mortar casino, there are hundreds of different games for you to choose from, including favourites such as:
- Blackjack – Play head to head against the dealer to get as close as you can to 21 without going ‘bust’.
- Roulette – Pick your favourite numbers and place your bets. Then let the wheel decide your fortune!
- Slots – A far cry from the fruit machines you’ll find in your local pub. Online slots have proliferated into a giant category with literally thousands of options. Some are good, some are not so good. And some are awesome!
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg and most online casinos will also offer gaming staples such as craps, baccarat, caribbean stud poker and three card poker. Plus some quirky games that aren’t so common such as Tequila Poker. There’s even a for money version of solitaire for you to play!
How Does It Work?
Playing an online casino game is very much like playing any other type of online game and most casinos these days allow you to play instantly using your browser (coded in either flash to html 5). Some casinos also offer the option of downloading the games to your computer if you’d prefer.
Many online casinos will you you try out their games for free without even needing to sign up for an account, just find the game you want to play and click the ‘demo’ or ‘try now’ button. Of course you’ll only be playing for fun and can’t actually win anything this way, but it does give you the opportunity to try the game out before risking any of your own money.
In order to play for real money you’ll first need to sign up for an account with a casino (hopefully a reputable one that has our stamp of approval) and then purchase some casino chips by making a deposit into your account.
Many casinos let you deposit as little as £5 using your credit or debit card. Alternatively there are a number of other payment methods that are often offered, including PayPal, Moneybookers and Neteller. You can even deposit using cash by purchasing a UKash voucher from a supermarket or newsagent (anywhere that displays the Paypoint logo).
Once you have a funded account all that’s left is for you to load up your game of choice, select your stake and start playing!
Can I Get Offers/Deals?
It is also very common to receive a bonus when you first sign up to a new casino. Sometimes this bonus is completely free (a ‘no deposit bonus’ – to allow you to try the games for real, but without risking any of your own funds) but more commonly it is a bonus that is based on your deposit.
A 100% deposit bonus, for example, will match the value of your deposit with an equivalent bonus – effectively doubling the number of chips you have to play with. We go into these kinds of offers in more detail on our casino bonuses page.
Many casinos will also offer regular bonuses, giveaways or prize draws (called ‘retention offers’ in the business) to keep their players happy and some offer some very lucrative loyalty rewards programs (think of it like a nectar card for your casino play).